Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
UCAS code: G103
Our Mathematics MSci will give you the basis you need in advanced mathematics. In your fourth year you will conduct a research project, pursuing your own academic interests and acquiring the skill of independent academic research. This course leads to careers where mathematics is used technically, including industrial and academic research and finance, but will also suit those who wish to deepen their undergraduate studies. You may have the opportunity to transfer to the five-year Mathematics with a Year Abroad MSci programme where you will spend your third or fourth year abroad at a partner institution before returning to King’s to complete your studies. This depends on you reaching a certain grade average and being accepted by a partner university.
- Top 10 in the UK for Mathematics (QS by subject 2023).
- Central location puts you at the heart of the business and financial world, and close to major libraries and many leading societies, including the London Mathematical Society.
- Leading centre of research, with 100 per cent of research in the Department of Mathematics classed as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021).
- Wide choice of modules taught by renowned experts.
- Friendly and supportive learning environment.
- Our graduates are highly employable, entering into careers that include banking, consultancy, accountancy, marketing, advertising and management.
“King's offer a wide range of opportunities to get involved in different aspects of university. It's easy to feel like a part of the community!”
Join Professor Jen Visser-Rogers to learn how statistics can help us understand the risks we face in everyday life.
Take a look at our comfortable, safe residences to suit your budget, located close to King's teaching campuses.
Art, food, music, shopping – you'll never find yourself with nothing to do in the world's most vibrant city.
Information about living in London, including events, budgeting and expenses, travel and safety.
During your time at King's College London, a range of academic and personal support and guidance is available to you.