This page explains the main ways we use your personal information as a prospective student interested in studying at King’s College London, this includes enquirers and applicants. It should be read alongside the university’s core privacy notice. Please find the following information below:
To find out more about how the university deals with your personal information, including your rights and who to contact if you have a concern, please see the university’s core privacy notice below.
What information do we hold about you?
The university will keep a record of the information provided by you on any event registration, general enquiry form or application. This personal information will include (but is not limited to):
- Date of birth
- Proof of identity of personal data (e.g. passport)
- Contact details (email, phone, address, etc.)
- Disability/information relating to your health
- Academic background and qualifications
- UKVI Confirmation for Acceptance to Study/Visa/Biometric Residence Permits and other immigration information (note that this is only collected in certain circumstances in relation to overseas applicants)
- Date of Entry to the UK (note that this is only collected in certain circumstances in relation to overseas applicants)
- Overseas police check (note that this is only collected in certain circumstances in relation to overseas applicants)
- English proficiency
- Literacy/Numeracy proficiency
- Student status (e.g. ‘offer’, ‘accepted’ etc)
- Qualification Information (provided by the applicant and external bodies e.g. UCAS)
- Intended year of entry
- Level of study
- Fee status (e.g. home, EU or overseas) and payment information
- Statutory checks
How do we use your information, what is the legal basis, and who do we share it with?
Please take a look at this table which shows in a general way how your personal information will be used, what the lawful justifications are and the types of external parties we may share your information with. It is not possible to provide an exhaustive list of all the specific activities where we use your personal information.
How long do we keep your information for?
Unless stated otherwise, we will keep your information based on the retention periods or criteria specified in the university’s Records and Data Retention Schedule. [Note: This PDF document is only available to staff and student on the intranet]
What are your rights and who can you contact if you have a concern?
To find out more about how the university deals with your personal information, including your rights and who to contact if you have a concern, please see the university’s core privacy notice.