Mission & values
The African Leadership Centre has been anchored on and guided by the following core values:
- Pursuit of excellence
- African-led ideas and processes of change.
- Diversity in terms of gender, region, class and beliefs.
- Independent thinking.
- Recognition of youth agency.
To this end, the ALC has so far been able to:
- Create and pursue ideas that are grounded in African realities;
- Provide a space for the interaction between academics,students and policy- makers;
- Build capacity for independent thinking;
- Expand and develop visions of change;
- Create opportunities to transfer knowledge to achieve multiplier effects for communities;
- Connect with processes nationally, regionally and globally, especially in the field of peace and security; and
- Build lasting partnerships that will maintain an African-led vision of change.
The ALC has successfully produced a new generation of Africans and serve as a forum for transformative discourse on peace, security and development in Africa.