Herbert Smith Freehills Competition Law Moot 2016
Posted on 01/07/2016
The Dickson Poon School of Law was proud to host the 2016 Herbert Smith Freehills Competition Law Moot 16-18 June 2016.
The final was between Jaeger (Hong Kong University) and Popescu (Queen Mary University). Congratulation to the winning team from HKU!
The winning team from HKU.
The runners up from Queen Mary University with Dorothy Livingstone, Professor Alison Jones and Professor Bill Kovacic.
The moot provides law students from around the world the opportunity to practise and improve advocacy skills in front of a judging panel which is drawn from international competition law specialists.
The final was held at the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the Judges of the final were:
- Professor Alison Jones (King’s College London)
- Professor Bill Kovacic (King’s)
- Bill Allan (Member of the Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT) and Visiting Professor, University of Cambridge)
- Dorothy Livingston (Herbert Smith Freehills)
- Dame Vivien Judith Rose, DBE
King's student, Lee (Joe, Ming Sun Lee), won the Best Advocate Trophy.