Students From China
We have a wide range of Chinese Renminbi (RMB) payment options available through our international payments platform: WU® GlobalPay for Students.
This fast and reliable service allows you, your parents, or sponsors to pay in RMB by bank transfer, UnionPay debit/credit card or via online eWallet options such as Alipay and WeChat Pay without incurring transaction charges. Gain peace of mind that your payment will arrive in full with our preferred payment service today.
Find out more by watching the short video available in English or Mandarin:
How to make a payment:
- Visit the WU GlobalPay for Students platform
- Select China from the ‘Paying Fees From’ dropdown
- Enter the outstanding GBP amount you wish to pay
- A list of ways to pay will come up where you can select from the following options:
- Pay by RMB bank transfer – you can make your payment from any bank in China. This can be completed online or at your local bank branch using the payment instructions provided.
- Pay online using your UnionPay debit/credit card – this allows you to pay online using your UnionPay debit or credit card. Please note that individual card limits may apply.
- Pay online via WeChat Pay – you can pay direct from your WeChat Pay account by scanning a unique QR code. Please note that individual account limits may apply.
- Pay online via Alipay - you can pay direct from your Alipay account. Please note that individual account limits may apply.
5. Once you have selected your payment method you will need to enter your student information followed by the payer information (details of who is making the payment).
6. Once you have completed all fields you will be then instructed to make payment:
- If you selected to pay by bank transfer you will be redirected to a secure payment gateway to complete payment online or take payment instructions to your local bank branch to complete payment.
- If you selected to pay online by UnionPay, WeChat Pay or Alipay, you will be redirected to the selected payment provider page to complete payment online.
7.Please note: for all payment options you will be asked to provide/upload additional documentation including your National ID, proof of identity, proof of address and your university admission letter.
8. Once payment has been made you will be able to track your payment status by entering your payment reference number.
Continue with Payment
If you have any queries regarding the platform, you can visit the FAQ page or contact our partner Western Union Business Solutions directly who is the platform provider and would be happy to help:
Tel: +44 (0) 1733 871871