Show/hide main menu

About us


The Advice Services st King's aim to provide an excellent service to all students and staff that interact with us.  If you are not satisfied with the service you have received we welcome your complaint so that we can learn from your experience and improve in the future.

We can investigate complaints about the conduct of staff and the accuracy of the information and advice you were given. 

Please note that our advice and guidance is limited by the rules and regulations which we advise on; sometimes we have to give advice that clients do not wish to receive.  A complaint cannot change the ‘legislation’ we have advised on, especially if it relates to policies, which are external to the university.  We will however always aim to offer a second opinion and review of your case.

How  to make a complaint

Most issues can be resolved informally, if you are unhappy with the advice you have received please discuss this with your advisor in the first instance. 

If you remain unsatisfied please submit a formal complaint using the university complaints procedure, if you are not happy with the response you receive.

If after exhausting the university complaints process you remain unsatisfied you can refer your complaint to a number of independent agencies:

Money advice:

King’s Money & Housing Advice Service is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to give debt advice in the limited areas of ‘debt counselling’ and ‘debt adjusting’.  Our licence number is 712115

If you have complained about advice, which relates to these activities and you are not happy with our response, we reject your complaint or you do not hear back from us within eight weeks, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), who may be able to help you.

  • The FOS is a free, independent service for settling disputes between financial services firms and their customers. It can deal with complaints about a wide range of financial matters – from pet insurance to stocks and shares.
  • The FOS will ask the financial firm to explain what they think happened and then decide whether to uphold your complaint.
  • It is important you contact the FOS within six months of receiving a final response from the firm, or the FOS may not be able to deal with your complaint.

All areas of advice:

The Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) is an independent body set up to review student complaints.  Free to students, the OIA deals with individual complaints against Higher Education Providers in England and Wales.

Complaints about data handling:

To contact us about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, please write to the university’s Data Protection Officer as detailed in King's College London Privacy Statement.  If you don’t feel we have dealt with your request appropriately, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2024 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454