Show/hide main menu

Immigration and Visas

Immigration and visas


What type of visa do you need  

If you are unsure of the type of visa you may need to study at King's please use our on-line guide to help you work out the best visa for you. 

Student Visa 

King’s College London holds a Student Visa licence issued by UKVI that allows us to bring overseas students into the UK to study with us. Most overseas students on a programme of 6 months or more will need this visa.   

Please see our Student Visa page for information on the following: 

  • What is a Student Visa and how to apply for one
  • Bringing dependants to the UK
  • Transferring from another univeristy
  • What to do if you recieve a visa refusal
  • What to do if you have lost your BRP  

Short-term Study 

Is your course less than 6 months? You may just need a standard visitor visa to complete your course. For further information read our guidance on the Standard Visitor Visa on Student Services Online.

Medical and dental students 

 For information about what type of visa you may require as a medical or dental student please read our guidance for medical and dental students on Student Services Online.

Working in the UK 

For more information about working in the UK both during your studies and after your studies please click here.  

 For further guidance on Immigration and Visa support at King’s please visit the Immigration & Advice category on Student Services Online


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2023 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454