Student Advice Money Mentors
Who are the Student Money Mentors?
Student Money Mentors are current students at King’s College London who have a passion for helping their peers by ensuring they are as money savvy as possible.
Student Money Mentors are here to make sure that you make the most of your money, whatever your budget. The Mentors can offer advice about how to make a budget, where to get the best discounts and deals in London and how to save the pennies.
The Money Mentors have been trained by the Student Advice team and external partners Blackbullion and Developing Youth Practice.
Please note that Money Mentors can give guidance only, if you require specialist and detailed advice on your options please contact the Student Advice Team.
Looking for a job on campus? Become a Student Money Mentor!
...fancy yourself as a money guru or would you like to increase your skills in this area?
...enjoy talking to peers or prospective students about student life and living in London?
...want an opportunity to present talks or write materials that help fellow students with their money?
...want to earn some money and form part of a student support team / service?
The Student Advice Service recruits Student Money Mentors throughtout the year.
10 reasons why I should become a Student Money Mentor:
Becoming a Student Money Mentor is your ticket to new opportunities, social adventures, personal development and new experiences. This is an exciting opportunity to make the most of your journey through student life. Here are 10 reasons why you should become a Student Money Mentor:
1. Add some sparkle to you CV and enhance your employability
2. Get paid while working flexible hours that can work around your studies, when it suits you
3. Obtain various free training sessions
4. Become more financially savvy
5. Develop valuable communication, presentation and leaderships skills. Your problem solving skills will go through the roof!
6. Opportunity to be involved in a variety of tasks and activities e.g. campaigns, research, writing materials, presenting and much more...
7. Make meaningful connections with prospective students and schools in a variety of settings
8. Represent your University - You could be the reason someone chooses King's
9. Be part of a program that's led by students for students
10. Enrich your student experience and have fun!
How do I become a Student Money Mentor?
To be part of this fantastic team, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to include your name, student number and contact number. Only current students at King's College London can apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Demand for Student Money Mentors can vary during the academic year. Therefore, hours of work will vary accordingly. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement for this role.
Student Advice Service looks forward to hearing from you!
Questions? Email Yasmin Mortuza on email@example.com