Full Patient Simulation
Senior nursing, midwifery, medicine and physiotherapy students take part in an interprofessional full patient simulation session.
- To manage the care of a simulated patient within an interprofessional team
- To explore the significance of human factors in clinical practice
- Identify the significance of human factors in patient safety
- Clarify the roles of yourself and others in the care of the patient
- Collaborate with others in the delivery of effective patient care
- Reflect upon your learning and identify how this will impact upon your future practice
Students work in small groups to manage the care of a patient in a variety of scenarios. Many are based in acute hospital settings, but we are developing community-based scenarios as well. Simulated patients are utilised for students to consider clinical communication along with clinical skills.
The interprofessional group enables the students to reflect upon their differing roles and responsibilities, consider the significance of collaborative leadership and how human factors can impact on team functioning.