Please note: this event has passed
Recording and downloads
Around 680 people attended an online half-day conference presented by Making Research Count and the NIHR Health and Social Care Workforce Research Unit at King's College London on 1 February 2024.
Recording and slides from 1 February
A recording (1hr 24min) is available on the Unit's YouTube channel (this has been edited to remove the discussion sections of the morning). The slides are available for download below:
- Nick Neave (Northumbria University): The Hoarding Research Group & UK Hoarding Partnership
- Tim Spencer-Lane (Government Legal Department; Kingston University): Self-neglect, hoarding, executive functioning and the law
- Jennifer Owen (King's College London) & Maria Brent (Kingston University): Decluttering support for people with hoarding behaviours: A service and intervention built on trust
- Sam Wainman (University of Birmingham): Collaboration, technology, and support in hoarding
The event was chaired by James Blewett of Making Research Count.
Recent related Unit work, all funded by the NIHR School for Social Care Research:
- Social care responses to self-neglect and hoarding among older people: What works in practice? (includes published evidence reviews on hoarding behaviour and on self-neglect)
- Decluttering the homes of people with hoarding behaviours: Local authority commissioning, professional practices, and user experiences (project which Jen Owen and Maria Brent discussed on 1 February)
- Understanding and improving training offers for professionals working with people with hoarding behaviours