MRC Doctoral Training Partnership in Biomedical Science
MRC Doctoral Training Partnership in Biomedical Sciences
- MRC Doctoral Training Partnership in Biomedical Sciences (DTP)
- MRes/PhD Programme in Biomedical & Translational Science
Visit the MRC DTP website for full details about our programme! You will find information on our studentships, how to apply, available projects, training opportunities and meet our current students!
King’s College London are seeking students of academic excellence to join our health faculties.
Human health is a dominant and unifying theme at King’s College London, which is internationally recognised for excellence in biomedical and health research and training.
We have a distinguished history in biomedicine and continue to be at the centre of cutting-edge discovery and applied research. Innovation and cross-discipline collaboration are central to our postgraduate research programmes.
We will challenge you to think critically, push boundaries and explore the unknown.
Our vision for the MRC DTP
We are committed to the development of the next generation of biomedical scientists and research leaders. The close partnerships of King’s College London with renowned local Hospitals, Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, will ensure all students benefit from an understanding of the wider context of biomedical research, and produce scientists with a strong translational ethos.
The MRC DTP will:
- Equip students with the intellectual and technical skills that are needed for the future of research, and complement this with key transferable skills (including public engagement, entrepreneurship and linking with industry).
- Position students at the core of our scholarship in biomedical research, while delivering bespoke personal development to support the specific training needs of each individual.
- Ensure that students emerge from the programme as rigorous, well rounded and intellectually nimble scientists, prepared for their next career stage.
- Build a wider community of students that extends beyond the DTP through shared training and research activities.
Discover more about the MRC Doctoral Training Partnership.
To deliver this vision, we offer a dual PhD structure, offering both a ‘0+3.5’ PhD-only track, and a ‘1+3’ MRes/PhD track with laboratory rotations. This recognises that outstanding students will come from a range of backgrounds, and have differing interests and training needs. Importantly, both pathways provide adequate time for training in both experimental and broader research skills, with a particular focus on quantitative skills and research methodologies.
Learn more about our programme, training framework and meet our students.
The DTP is organised into four strategic themes.
These are intentionally broad, to capture the breadth of our research (and infrastructure) offering and to allow student excellence to be the over-riding selection criterion.
Theme 1: Molecules, Cells and the Basis for Disease
Theme 2: Neurosciences, Psychiatry and Mental Health
Theme 3: Physiological Medicine
Theme 4: Imaging and Biomedical Engineering
Find out more about the MRC DTP on our new website and meet our MRC DTP Team.
For queries about the MRC DTP please contact the MRC DTP Team.