Our internships are a valuable way for students to learn entrepreneurial employability skills that are shaping the future of work, as well as experience and learn what it's like to be a valued part of a growing start up changing the world.Jessica Horwill, Strategic Project Manager, Entrepreneurship Institute
06 April 2023
Boost your employability this summer with an internship
10 part-time paid internships offer King’s students the opportunity to experience life in a start-up.
The Entrepreneurship Institute’s Summer Internship programme returns this year, with 10 roles available for eight weeks between 10th July – 1st September 2023.
Funded by Santander Universities UK, the part-time roles (20 hours per week), provide an opportunity for current King’s students to develop entrepreneurial skills and experience for their CVs. Roles are paid at London Living Wage (£13.09 per hour).
We're particularly looking for applications from Careers+ students, students in receipt of King's Living Bursary or are otherwise from an underrepresented background.
The internships are based either in the Entrepreneurship Institute or one of the ventures currently participating in Cohort VII of the King’s20 Accelerator. Sectors include sustainability and the circular economy, health tech and community tech, with roles ranging from marketing and communications, through to business strategy, research and community engagement.
View the role descriptions or access the full details and apply via King's CareersConnect using the links provided in the table below. You'll need to login to your CareersConnect account to view full information.
Working in a start-up can add valuable experience to your CV. Start-ups and small businesses account for 99.9% of the UK's business population (5.5 million businesses at the start of 2021). According to the Federation of Small Businesses, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) also account for three fifths of the employment and around half of the turnover in the UK's private sector. In 2021, total employment in SMEs was 16.3 million (61% of the total).
- Applications close: Monday 1st May 2023, 23:59 BST
- Interview dates: Early May (specific dates will be confirmed with applicants directly)
- Internship dates: 10th July – 1st September 2023
- Mandatory training sessions: w/c 3rd July 2023
- For more detail, see the job advert on King's CareersConnect
Ideally this will be your first office-based work experience.
You are a UK fee-paying student.
You meet at least one of the following:
- You are a Careers+ student.
- You are from an underrepresented background.
- You are in receipt of King's Living Bursary.
Able to commit to 20h/week over the summer period, plus the training sessions.
- King’s Entrepreneurship Institute
- King’s Business School
- Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- Faculty of Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sciences
- Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- King’s Edge
- Careers & Employability