A tonne of ambition, a fun, supportive community and a team of experts-in-residence makes the King's20 accelerator a unique 12 month experience for the best and brightest ventures coming out of King's.
King's20 Accelerator is a flagship programme supporting the 20 brightest and highest potential ventures from King’s to reach their potential. Ventures can be at any stage of their development and the accelerator is open to all King's students, staff and alumni.
Since we launched in 2016, our ventures have gone on to raise over £17 million investment and generated over £20 million in revenue, as well as employing over 400 people. In 2020, the King’s20 Accelerator will celebrate the 100 exceptionally innovative ventures which launched their entrepreneurial journeys as part of the King’s20.
Read more about the ventures who've been through the King's20 Accelerator at our Digital Directory.
You'll receive an estimated £60,000 support which includes:
- Office space for up to 5 team members in our beautiful, Central London coworking space in Bush House, 30 Aldwych Weekly coaching from 8 Experts in Residence
- Access to a network of over 450 investors and partners
- Access to funded interns from King’s
- Workshops covering subjects such as Customer Segmentation, Financial Modelling, Startup Law, Sales, Digital Marketing, Design and Public Speaking
- Access to grant funding opportunities
- A package worth £20,000 including 12-months free accounting, £10,000 AWS credits, cloud credits etc
- Support in building leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Equity / Convertible note
At the Entrepreneurship Institute our aim is to support people at King’s to succeed as entrepreneurs in a sustainable way. We also believe in supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs together. We therefore believe that if you do succeed, we want you to be part of this mission by “paying it forward” to support the next generation of entrepreneurs after you.
To support this, each venture that is selected for, and agrees to participate in, the King’s20 Accelerator programme 'pledges' to a convertible loan note under which the Entrepreneurship Institute takes 3% equity in your venture, but only if you achieve certain success criteria.
Any funds resulting from this small shareholding, whether from one or more ventures, will be used by the Entrepreneurship Institute to support future generations of entrepreneurs up to the value of a total £250,000 per academic year. Any remaining funds above this figure return to King’s College London.
The success criteria are that: The venture raises investment of £1million or more in one round of investment and/or generates revenue of £1million or more in one trading year, either of these within 5 years of the start date of the programme. If ventures don’t reach these levels, no shares are taken.
Read about King's as a charity and its charitable aims.
You can read more guidance on how a convertible loan note operates here