Given current global events, the importance and relevance of International Relations can be in no doubt, so we are delighted to see such an excellent ranking for our courses on this vital topic. We are also pleased to achieve such positive scores for the effectiveness of our teaching and for the ways our courses enable our graduates to advance onto the next step in their careers.Professor Rob Francis, Vice Dean (Education & Students) for the Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
04 October 2022
King's highly ranked for International Relations
The Guardian’s ‘Best UK universities 2023’ placed King’s College London second in the country for its International Relations courses
King’s has been placed as second in the UK for studying International Relations in new rankings by The Guardian newspaper and website.
The rankings look at a range of factors including student satisfaction with the courses, teaching and feedback, as well as student-to-staff ratios and next steps for graduates.
King’s was rated top in the UK on a measure looking at whether those completing the courses secured graduate-level employment or went onto further higher education study within 15 months.
The university was also given nine out of 10 on a “value added score” which looks at the results graduates on these courses achieved compared with their entry qualifications, to show how effectively they are taught.
The ranking covers nine different undergraduate courses in the Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy and the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at King’s, spanning the departments of Politics and Economics, War Studies, European and International Studies, International Development, Philosophy and History. The courses included in the rankings are:
- BA (hons) history & international relations
- BA (hons) European politics
- BA (hons) war studies & history (optional year abroad)
- BA/BSc (hons) politics
- BA (hons) international relations (optional year abroad)
- BA (hons) war studies (optional year abroad)
- BA (hons) international development (optional year abroad)
- BA (hons) international development with a year abroad (year abroad)
- BA/BSc (hons) philosophy, politics & economics
You can see the full rankings and scores on The Guardian website.
- Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- School of Security Studies
- School of Global Affairs
- School of Politics & Economics
- Department of International Development
- Department of Political Economy
- Department of European & International Studies
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of War Studies