Show/hide main menu


Visting Researchers

The Department of Physics is host to a number of non award visiting researchers.

If you are a postgraduate research student currently registered for a doctoral degree at another institution and interested in becoming a visiting research student in the Department, you must have an agreed supervisor from among the academic staff.

Please note that applications will only be accepted from students who have arranged a visit with a potential supervisor.

After acceptance from a supervisor students should apply using King’s Apply application system ( Please search for the Physics  Non-award Research programme  and complete  the application form:

You  will need to supply supporting documents to meet the entry requirements of visiting researchers before a formal offer is made. This will include:

  • Offical degree certificates and transcripts of previous qualifications. 
  • Offical Letter confirming that you are currently studying a PhD.  The exact letter requirement is detailed in the 'How to apply' section  here
  • English language qualification to meet the English language requirements.

English Language requirements

Students visiting for less than 6 months should meet the UKVI English Language requirements for a Tier 4 Visa. 

Student visiting for more than 6 months should meet the Faculty requirements which can be found here:


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454