As Head of Work-based Learning, Melissa leads our Work-based Learning unit, comprising of our King's Internships and Global Placements teams.
Expert in the areas of internships, industry placements and work-based learning, she ensures the department's Senior Leadership Team, and wider Directorate, are fully supported with effective processes and systems alongside operational responsibility for a portfolio of programme delivery, including:
- extra-curricular internships dedicated to underrepresented groups in higher education and other bespoke programming enriching the King’s student experience.
- Insights programming (business treks, work shadowing and virtual work simulations) for finalist undergraduates and PhD students.
- Curricular internships modules, development and deployment of Shell module frameworks and assessment across faculty in both physical and digital form.
- Growing industry placement delivery on behalf of faculty including full lifecycle delivery to students and employer stakeholders, learning journeys and student safeguarding.
- Consultancy and advisory services to senior academics and researchers on work-based learning ambitions and idea development.
Alongside her work at King's, Melissa is also a member of the AGCAS Placement & Work-related Learning Task Group.