Chief External Examiners
College/Faculty Chief External Examiners
The College Chief External Examiner will provide a strategic oversight of the soundness and robustness of the College’s assessment framework and will aid the Academic Standards Sub-Committee with its work by becoming a member of the committee, inputting into the committee’s deliberations.
The Faculty’s Chief External Examiner provides an overview of the operation of the Faculty Assessment Sub-Boards and Assessment Board, to assure the College that the conduct of the Assessment Sub-Boards/Assessment Boards are consistent with the College’s regulations and policies and procedures for the operation of Assessment Sub-Boards and Assessment Boards.
The full eligibility criteria can be found in the Assessment Boards, External Examiners and Committee Procedures
The College/Faculty Chief External Examiners’ full list of duties can be found in the Assessment Boards, External Examiners and Committee Procedures.
These roles play no part in the verification of academic standards or in the award of degree qualifications by Assessment Sub-Boards and will not normally include:
- Oversight and commenting of student assessment
- Reviewing or commenting on student results or award decisions
- Scrutinising the activities of individual External Examiners
- Commenting on the judgements of individual External Examiners
- Meeting with individual students
- Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can complete and return the below application form with accompanying documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered by the Chair of College Academic and Standards Committee, on behalf of the Vice-President and Vice-Principal Education
- Once the appointment has been approved, confirmation will be sent to the successful candidate by the ARQS team
NB: Current External Examiners who are coming to the end of their tenure will be considered.