Applied Pathophysiology in Advanced Practice Level 7 7KNIM777
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
6 days spread over 10 weeks
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 02 April 2024
15 November 2023
THIS MODULE IS OFFERED TWICE DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR
The module provides healthcare professionals with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in assessing, diagnosing and managing patients with common pathologies and conditions. This module will allow participants to apply their acquired pathophysiological knowledge to the presenting patient’s signs and symptoms and apply their advanced health assessment and diagnostic skills within their clinical practice.
What does this course cover?
The module will enable participants to consolidate their advanced assessment knowledge and skills to manage patients with common comorbid conditions in their care at an advanced level of practice and be able to apply the relevant NICE guidelines and assessment tools.
What will I achieve?
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the underlying pathophysiology in commonly seen conditions with clear decision-making and a sound rationale for assessment findings and treatment.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and systematic understanding of the various common pathophysiological conditions from cellular to system level.
- Synthesize information in a manner that is logical and evidenced-based and provides an application of this knowledge as applied to patient care.
- Undertake a critical analysis of complex, incomplete or contradictory areas of knowledge with comorbidities including end-of-life issues and withdrawal of treatment where appropriate.
- Integrate discipline-specific knowledge and relevant NICE guidelines with knowledge primarily derived from other clinical specialties.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of conceptual understanding that will allow you to critically evaluate and reflect on your clinical practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate patients' clinical signs and symptoms to the relevant underlying pathophysiology.
Who will I learn with?
Reader in Advanced Clinical Practice
Who is this for?
Qualified healthcare professionals
How will I be assessed?
Oral case presentation and 2,000 word written case study
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 2 - 23/01/2024, 06/02, 20/02, 05/03, 19/03, 02/04
Term 3 - 23/04/2024, 07/05, 21/05, 04/06, 18/06, 25/06