Arabic Levantine Level 1, Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 11 October 2023 To: 13 December 2023
From: 25 January 2024 To: 28 March 2024
By studying Arabic Levantine Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases and ordering a meal. You will be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Arabic-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Personal information: name…
- Meeting someone for the first time
- Describing your country
- Exchanging pleasantries
- Counting and using numbers
- Asking for and offering things
- Telling the time
- Greeting others and responding to greetings
- Introducing oneself and others
- Talking about what you do
- Asking questions
- Describing objects and cities and countries
- Making polite requests
- Feminine and masculine words
- Masculine and Feminine sound plurals
- Possessive endings (attached pronouns)
- Definite and indefinite nouns
- Personal pronouns (I, you, we, he, she)
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Question Words
- Adjectives I
Alphabet and sounds
- Letters of the alphabet
- Long & Short vowels
- Joining letters and handwriting practice
What will I achieve?
When Arabic Levantine, Level 1 is complete, you will acquire basic language skills and achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.