Arabic Level 2, Part 1 (Evening 5 Week Intensive)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 26 February 2024 To: 25 March 2024
By studying Arabic Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information, communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
- Others and I
- House and home
- Work and routine
- Sport and leisure
- Cultural information
- Simple Arabic media
- Introducing oneself
- Talking about one’s family and friends
- Talking about childhood
- Expressing feelings and attitudes
- Describing your house, renting a house
- Talking about preferences and giving reasons
- Talking about leisure time and going out
- Talking about hobbies and interests
- Talking about work
- Revision and consolidation of the grammar aspects introduced at level 1
- Masculine and feminine
- The nominal sentence
- Question particles
- The plural patterns
- The idafa structure
- Possessive pronouns
- Present tense
- Verbal nouns and participles
What will I achieve?
When Arabic Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.