British Sign Language Level 1, Part 3
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 April 2024 To: 25 June 2024
By studying British Sign Language Level 1, you will be able to greet people, use numbers, times and dates, describe the weather, people and activities. Have a basic competence of everyday interaction with deaf people who use Sign Language. Have a basic understanding of the grammatical structure of British Sign Language. Be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, describe the weather, people and activities. Have a basic competence of everyday interaction with deaf people who use Sign Language. Have developed an insight into British Sign Language life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- The weather
- Building or rooming
- People in education, voluntary or paid work
- Learning, education, training and work
Functions may include:
- Describing the weather
- Describing buildings or rooms
- Asking for and giving directions
- Describing a daily routine
- Exchanging information about education, voluntary or paid work
- Exchanging information about people in education, voluntary or paid work
What will I achieve?
When British Sign Language Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of the Level 1 award in British Sign Language.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.