British Sign Language Level 2, Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 11 October 2023 To: 13 December 2023
From: 23 April 2024 To: 25 June 2024
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
By studying British Sign Language Level 2, you will, be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate on a range of everyday issues, have a competence of everyday interaction with deaf people who use Sign Language, have an understanding of more developed grammatical structures of British Sign Language and have developed a deeper insight into British Sign Language life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- Learning a language
- Everyday life with people
- Events in the past, present & future
- Invitations & participation
- Spare time activities
Functions may include:
- Conversing about everyday routine & habits
- Conversing about things we find difficult/easy
- Making recommendations
- Conversing about duration of actions
- Conversing about events in the past
- Conversing about actions in progress
What will I achieve?
When British Sign Language Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of the Level 2 award in British Sign Language.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.