Cardiac Care: Symptoms and Management of Heart Failure Level 6 6KNIN844
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
This online module will enable students to have a critical understanding of the symptoms of heart failure and their management. This understanding will allow learners to explore the various tools used in the secondary assessment of patients and to develop rational and person-centred management plans.
What will I achieve?
This online course will equip practitioners to understand the physiology of heart failure and this will be applied to give an understanding of the physiological mechanisms that underly symptom development and their management. This in-depth knowledge can be applied to heart failure either in a hospital or community setting. Practitioners will:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the pathophysiology of heart failure
- Critically analyse and interpret symptoms of heart failure and discriminate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Be able to apply secondary assessment data e.g blood results and x-ray results, and critically discuss how these inform nursing management decisions.
- Critically discuss management of patients with heart failure who have comorbidities
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of pharmacology and therapeutics and how these are applied to patients with heart failure
- Discuss in depth the principles of caring for patients with heart failure as part of professional practice
Who will I learn with?
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?