Cardiac Care: Symptoms and Management of Heart Failure Level 7 7KNIM879
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2023 To: 20 June 2023
15 March 2023
This module will enable students to become an expert in managing symptoms and providing care for patients with heart failure. This will inform their understanding of the advanced management of heart failure and their ability to make rational, evidence-based and patient focused decisions.
What will I achieve?
This module will prepare practitioners to identify symptoms and develop expert knowledge of the management of patients with heart failure in the hospital and community setting. Practitioners will:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the physiology of heart failure
- Demonstrate an expert ability to analyse and interpret complex secondary assessment data and to discriminate between normal and abnormal findings in heart failure.
- Critically apply diagnostic reasoning to differential diagnosis and clinical decision making
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of pathophysiology and its relationship to symptom development as well as pharmacology and therapeutics as they relate to patients with heart failure
- To have an expert understanding of the principles of clinical management as they apply to patients at different stages of heart failure
Who will I learn with?
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 3 - 25/04/2023, 09/05, 06/06, 20/06