Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
Life Sciences & Medicine
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 21 May 2024 To: 23 May 2024
14 May 2024
The May 2024 course will be in London.
There will be no online attendance for the May 2024
The course covers the basic principles of CMR, its clinical indications and role in a multi-modality imaging environment. Delegates will learn in lectures and interactive sessions, at the end of the course they will have a solid understanding of when to refer a patient for Cardiovascular MRI and how to interpret CMR images and reporting. This established 3-day course has been running for 12 years at King's, with an exceptional faculty of internationally renowned experts in the field of cardiac MRI.
This course has been previously been endorsed by SCMR for level 1 certification and has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 18 CPD points.
Click here to read feedback from previous course participants.
What does this course cover?
The course will be delivered using a combination of live lectures and interactive sessions, it will cover the following topics:
- CMR safety, including devices and NSF
- CMR planning: key differences to echo
- General MR physics
- Post-processing hand-on sessions
- CMR Methods
- Stable CAD (perfusion, cine, LGE, coronaries and dobutamine)
- Acute CAD
- Cardiomyopathies: DCM, HCM
- Cardiomyopathies: ARVC and degenerative diseases
- Myocarditis and Pericardium
- Post-processing Workshop
- Cardiac Masses and Tumours
- CMR for imaging of valvular disease
- CMR imaging of the aorta and peripheral vasculature
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Parametric mapping (T1, T2, T2*, ECV)
- Case reviews
What will I achieve?
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate understanding for its use, and practically, with knowledge on when to refer a patient for Cardiovascular MRI (indications, strengths and clinical role).
Who will I learn with?
Professor in Cardiovascular Imaging and Consultant Cardiologist
Who is this for?
Attendance is open to medical graduates (physicians/surgeons), medical physicists and computational modelers with interest cardiovascular imaging.
It is suitable for cardiologists, radiologists and radiographers. Attendees will be able to upload their certificates to their NHS ePortfolio.
What is the teaching schedule?
The 3 course days consist of morning lectures and afternoon practical sessions (teaching and 25 cases).
Fees and discounts
Optional : £30 - SCMR Level 1 certificate
- SCMR can provide an official certificate from their organisation
- The cost is £30, this is an additional cost to the main course fee.
- The King's College London course certificate is included in the main course fee and says that the course has been approved at level 1 by SCMR.
- The SCMR certificate is OPTIONAL.
- Please contact us if you have any queries regarding the certificate
Course registration may close earlier than the application deadline date if all places are booked.
UK Employer Funded - Payment by Invoice
This option is only available if your course fee is being paid for by your employer or company. If you are eligible for any discounts, you will be able to select this during the checkout process.
Please note you will need to provide the following information during checkout:
- full name of the company
- web URL address of the company
- company finance department address to which the course fee invoice will be posted to
- email address where the invoice can be sent
- purchase order reference (if needed) – this is a reference which your company may need to be shown on the invoice in order to make payment to King’s
- the name of the individual at the company, responsible for approving the invoice from King’s
- the contact details of this individual, including their job title, department; email and telephone number
Please note that King’s College London payment terms are 30 days from the date of the invoice.