Chinese Language and Culture Level 6 Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 12 October 2023 To: 14 December 2023
By studying Chinese Language and Culture level 6 you will be able to understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist technical with ease and be able to express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence. You will be able to refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources and be able to make presentations on various subjects .
What does this course cover?
- Gender Equality
- Women’s status in contemporary society
- The changing roles of women in society
- Changes in the family life pattern
- The changes in family role
- E-Commerce development
- Discussing social, cultural, political and economic matters at an advanced level
- Understanding metaphor and simile
- Using formal Chinese expression
- Making comparisons
- Drawing conclusions
- Summarising texts
- Revision and consolidation of grammar aspects introduced at level 5
- Adjective reduplication
- Reported speech
- Causative verbs
- Characters with multiple pronunciations and meanings
- Double entendre or pun
What will I achieve?
When Chinese Language and Culture level 6 is complete you will improve existing language skills to achieve the equivalent of B2/C1 level of the CEFR.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.