French for Chinese Speakers (15 hours only)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 09 October 2023 To: 11 December 2023
By studying French for Chinese Speakers (15 hours only), you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics, and have developed an insight into French-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Numbers: 1 to 10
- Nationalities and countries
- Objects and furniture
- Going out, sports, and hobbies
- Introducing oneself and others
- Greeting other people
- Understanding class commands and instructions
- Giving and asking personal information
- Understanding numbers
- Presenting general information about a country
- Expressing oneself politely
- Discovering French celebrities, artists, and athletes
- Identifying objects
- Talking about likes and dislikes
- Asking and telling the time
- Present tense: regular verbs -er and s’appeler
- Present tense: irregular verbs être and avoir
- Subject pronouns
- Nouns genders
- Articles with countries
- Adjectives gender agreement (nationalities)
- Questions: quel
- Indefinite articles
- Possessive adjectives
- Negative sentences
What will I achieve?
You will acquire basic understanding of the language and a basic command of pronunciation skills; and achieve the equivalent beginning of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
After completing this course, students should be ready to join a French Level 1 course Part 1 or Part 2, this should be discussed directly with the teacher.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.