French Level 2, Part 3 (Evening 5 Week Intensive)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 17 June 2024 To: 15 July 2024
By studying French Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- Physical appearance
- Press and medias
- Objects and handiwork
- Travels and tourism
Functions may include:
- Describing someone’s personality
- Describing someone’s appearance
- Talking about medias and our preferences
- Giving a positive or negative feedback
- Talking about collaborative consumption
- Expressing wishes
- Booking a trip
- Talking about holidays
Grammar may include:
- Interrogative pronouns (lequel, laquelle ...)
- Indefinite adjectives (chaque, tout, toute, tous…)
- Expression of feelings
- Cause and consequence
- The place of object pronouns (COD / COI)
- Imperative mood with pronouns
- Conditional with irregular verbs
- The gerund form
- Past tenses (perfect and imperfect)
What will I achieve?
When French Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the QCF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.