Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 January 2024 To: 25 March 2024
By studying French Level 5, you will be able to understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist technical with ease, be able to express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence, be able to refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- French contemporary culture
- Current political, economic and social developments
- Cinema and music
- Art and literature
- The media
Functions may include:
- Talking about current affairs
- Expressing opinions
- Debating / using debate techniques
- Making presentations
Grammar may include:
- The course will consolidate some grammar structures according to the students’ needs.
- Use of Indicative and Subjunctive Modes
- Advance uses of the Past
- Uses of prepositions Idioms, expressions and proverbial expressions
- Direct and Indirect Speech
What will I achieve?
When French Level 5 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B2/C1 level of the CEFR, level 4 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.