Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Greek Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Greek Culture and lifestyle
- Modern Greek Level 2 Page 3
- Studies and work
Functions may typically include:
- Talking about a film or a cultural event
- Understanding easy brochures about cultural events
- Intercultural discussion
- Making polite suggestions
- Making hypothesis
- Talking about studies and work
- Understanding job ads
- Asking for permission
- Making a polite request
- Comparing objects
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision of the Simple Past, Future and the Subjunctive
- Use of subjunctive (irregular verbs)
- The Imperative
- The Conditional
- Degrees of the adjectives
- Prepositions and Conjunctions
What will I achieve?
When Greek Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.