Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 January 2024 To: 27 March 2024
By studying Gujarati Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics, have developed an insight into Gujarati -speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- Alphabet - vowels and consonants
- Greeting - 1
- Formal and informal ways of addressing people
- Location - 1
- Household objects - Furniture
- Family - basic unit
Functions may include:
- Greeting and responding
- Expressing thanks and apologies
- Introducing yourself and others
- Finding a location
- Asking and answering simple questions
Grammar may include:
- Personal pronouns
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Interrogative sentences – how, what, who, where & how much
- Possessive pronouns – my, your & his/her
- Present tense
- Auxiliary verb
- Common verbs - 1
- Sentence structure - 1
- Scripts - identifying, reading, writing and listening to vowels and alphabets
What will I achieve?
When Gujarati Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.