Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Italian Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Everyday life and habits
- Italian food and culinary habits
- Leisure time and hobbies
- Memories, childhood and adolescence
Functions may typically include:
- Describing people, places, objects and situations with confidence
- Making arrangements: suggesting, accepting, refusing
- Asking for explanation, clarification, permission
- Expressing opinions and ideas
- Talking about childhood, memories, habits in the past
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision and consolidation of grammar points introduced at a lower level
- Revision of Passato Prossimo
- Forms and use of Imperfetto
- Use of simple and compound prepositions
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.