Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Italian Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Health issues
- Italian houses and relevant habits
- Italian geography
- Jobs and professions
- Future plans
Functions may typically include:
- Describing and comparing objects and events
- Describing places
- Visiting a GP
- Writing formal letters/emails (introduction)
- Writing your C.V. and applying for a job
- Making a booking and expressing preferences or complaints
Grammar may typically include:
- Uses of Imperfetto and Passato Prossimo
- The Simple Future
- Relative pronouns
- Comparative and superlative adjectives and adverbs
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.