Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 January 2024 To: 28 March 2024
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
By studying Italian Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Traditions and festivities in Italy
- Media and Communication in Italy
Functions may typically include:
- Making extensive use of different past tenses
- Expressing wishes, likes and dislikes (using the conditional tense)
- Expressing opinions (using the conditional tense)
Grammar may typically include:
- Direct and indirect object pronouns
- Consolidation of the use of Passato Prossimo and Imperfetto
- Some idiomatic expressions
- The Present and Past Conditional: forms and uses
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.