Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Italian Level 3, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have developed intercultural competence further.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Italian food and culinary habits
- Italian regions and their differences
- Introduction to Italian newspapers and magazines
- Introduction to Italian dialects and linguistic variations
Functions may typically include:
- Describing people, places, objects and situations with higher amount of details
- Describing events in the Past, Future and Conditional Tense
- Telling and writing stories
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision and consolidation of the grammar topics introduced at a lower level
- Revision of use of Passato Prossimo and Imperfetto
- Revision of Present Conditional + introduction to the Past Conditional
- Revision of Direct/Indirect pronouns
- Compound pronouns
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 3 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.