Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 12 October 2023 To: 14 December 2023
By studying Italian Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures, be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding, be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary and have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Italian speaking countries.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Some aspects of Italian contemporary culture and society
- Introduction to Italian contemporary literature
- Business, finance, and entrepreneurs in Italy and abroad
- Italian family: past and present
- Italian festivities and celebrations
Functions may typically include:
- Understanding, summarising, and discussing stories in literature
- Understanding and using formal and informal register
- Expressing opinions and making subjective statements
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision and consolidation of all grammar points introduced at a lower level
- Introduction to passato remoto
- Revision of present and past subjunctive and their uses
- Phrasal verbs
- Collocations : verb and preposition
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 3 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.