Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 January 2024 To: 25 March 2024
From: 23 April 2024 To: 25 June 2024
By studying Japanese Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
- Revision of Level 1
- Genki I [Third Edition] Lesson 7 and 8
- Family and friends
- Sightseeing in Japan
- Personal Preferences
- Weekend plan
- Food: Ramen vs Udon noodle
- Describing ongoing actions
- Describing people and places
- Describing the purpose of a trip
- Delivering informal speech
- Expressing own opinions
- Conveying someone’s message
- Refraining some actions
- Describing preference/likes and dislikes
- ~ TE IMASU.
- ~ NI IKIMASU. / ~ NI KIMASU. / ~ NI KAERIMASU.
- Present short: Dictionary-form of verbs
- + TO OMOIMASU.
- + TO ITTE IMASHITA.
- + NOGA SUKI DESU.
- Present short: Nai-form of verbs
- + DE KUDASAI.
- Counter; HITORI, FUTARI
Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji (~86)
What will I achieve?
When Japanese Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.