Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
By studying Japanese Level 3, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have developed intercultural competence further.
What does this course cover?
- Genki II (Third Edition), Lesson 15 and 16
- Holiday plans
- Trips to Japan
- Hot spring ONSEN
- Japanese accommodations
- Personal advice
- Lost property
- Gratitude for others
- Expressing your intentions / plans
- Describing actions in the future
- Describing people / places / things familier to you
- Checking into a hotel
- Making polite requests
- Expressing wishes
- Describing past actions and events
- Making apologies
- Verb Volitional-form
- Te-form + OKU
- Nominal modification
- Verb Te-form + KURERU / MORAU / AGERU
- Verb Te-form + KURE MASEN KA / ITADAKE MASEN KA
- Verb Dictionary form / Nai-form + TO II
- Verb Te-form + SUMIMASEN
What will I achieve?
When Japanese Level 3 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.