Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Japanese Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures, be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding, be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary, have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Japanese speaking countries.
What does this course cover?
- Revision of Part 2
- Genki – II (Third Edition), Lesson 22 to 23
- Japanese education
- Future dream
- Cooking recipe
- Japanese proverbs
- Asking for / offering advice
- Talking about unexpected events
- Giving instructions
- Making and describing decisions
- Asking for / explaining a procedure
- Describing farewell parties
- Talking about memories
- Verb / Adjective Conditional-form
- Verb Causative-form
- Verb Causative-Passive-form
- Verb Polite imperative
- ~ NO NI (links contradictions)
- ~ NO YOO NA / ~ NO YOO NI
- Verb Te-form + MO / i-adjective adverbial form + TEMO / noun+ DEMO
- Use of KOTO NI SURU
- Verb Dictionary-form + MADE
- ~ KATA
What will I achieve?
When Japanese Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 3 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.