Korean Level 1, Part 1 (Evening 5 Week Intensive)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 29 February 2024 To: 28 March 2024
From: 11 June 2024 To: 09 July 2024
By studying Korean Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Korean-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Hangeul characters
- Greetings and introductions
- Current Activities
- Learning the Korean alphabet
- Korean writing and pronunciation
- Using common terms of greeting
- Discussing one’s name, nationality and occupation
- Requesting items in a shop
- Purchase of items such as school supplies and daily goods
- Talking about daily activities in the present tense
- Hangeul: sounds and pronunciation rules
- Informal polite style of ‘to be’: [Noun]이에요/예요
- Formal polite style of ‘to be’: [Noun]입니까? / 입니다
- The subject particle: [Noun]이/가
- The topic particle: [Noun]은/는
- The negative form: [Noun]이/가 아니다
- Verbs of possession: 있어요 / 없어요
- Please give: 주세요
- Particles: [Noun]하고, [Noun]과/와, and [Noun]이랑
- The informal polite style; present-tense verb ending: [Adjective, Verb]아요/어요
- The object particle: [Noun]을/를
What will I achieve?
When Korean Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.