Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 22 January 2024 To: 25 March 2024
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Korean Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
- Parts of the body
- Ill health
- Introducing one’s friends and family members
- Making plans for the weekend
- Arranging an appointment
- Asking and responding to questions about a schedule
- Talking about symptoms; describing illness
- Expressing prohibited actions to avoid sickness
- Possessive particle: [Noun]의
- Be good at /not good at: 잘하다 [잘 못하다, 못하다]
- Honorific form: [Noun]이세요
- Honorific form: [Adjective, Verb]으시-
- The particles from … to: [Noun]부터 … [Noun]까지
- Expressing time sequence ‘and then’: [Verb]아서/어서
- The informal polite-style, future-tense verb ending: [Verb]을 거예요
- Irregular verbs: ㅡ
- Negative command ‘please don’t-’: [Verb]지 마세요
What will I achieve?
When Korean Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.