Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 20 January 2024 To: 23 March 2024
By studying Mandarin Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics, have developed an insight into Mandarin -speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
- Work and professions
- Reading a map
- Talking about a book
- Ordering food at a restaurant
- Talking about jobs and professions
- Talking about a place someone works/studies at
- Borrowing a map/book
- Describing places
- Giving opinions on a book
- Buying things and asking for prices
- Describe clothes (colour, size)
- Ordering in a bar/restaurant
- Negative sentences with没有
- Questions with interrogative pronouns 多少/几, 为什么
- Questions with 有没有
- Sentences with 有, 没有
- Verb + 一下
- Questions ending with 行吗
- Measure word：张，本，支, 件，条，块，瓶
- Questions with interrogative pronouns 谁, 谁的
- Possession: pronoun/noun+的
- A bit: 一点儿 + N
- Sentences with the modal verbs 会
What will I achieve?
When Mandarin Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.