Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Mandarin Level 5, you will be able to understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist technical with ease, be able to express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence and be able to refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
- New generation and “DINK” family
- Parents and children relationships nowadays in China
- Euthanasia and ‘happy-peaceful life’
- Customs and habits
- Making comparisons
- Expressing different opinions
- Making decisions and finding solutions
- Discussing cultural diversity
- Idiom: 有其父必有其子，无精打采
- Adverb: 无论如何
- Conjunction: 因此，然而，无论
- Prefix: 发-，同-
- Suffix: -界，
- Numeral: 若干
- Location word: 之间
- S + 说 + Object Clause
- Adverbs and predicate verbs
- Use of cause/ effect constructions
What will I achieve?
When Mandarin Level 5 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B2/C1 level of the CEFR, level 4 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.