Neonatal Care (Work-Based Learning) Level 6 6KNIM766
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
4 days spread over 10 weeks
Available course dates:
From: 18 April 2023 To: 20 June 2023
15 March 2023
This is a work-based learning module providing an academic assessment opportunity for students undertaking an online neonatal course. Tutorial support for the assessment will be provided through webinars, MS Teams and other forms of e-communication.
What will I achieve?
Through completing the written assessment students will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the care of neonates and their families
- Show understanding of the application of this knowledge to safe patient management and care provision
- Further develop level 6 academic skills including critical discussion and academic writing.
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Nursing Education
Who is this for?
Students must be NMC registered nurses or midwives with a minimum of one year neonatal experience. They must also be currently taking the QIS neonatal nursing programme.
How will I be assessed?
Essay (summative) and Learning Plan (formative)
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 3 -
- 18/04/2023 - Introduction
- 18/05/2023 - Academic support
- 06/06/2023 - Drop-in session
- 20/06/2023 - Drop-in session