Neonatal Nursing: Special Care Level 6 6KNIN626
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
4 days spread over 6 weeks
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MODULE WILL ONLY RUN IF THERE ARE AT LEAST 12 APPLICANTS
This module will support you to:
- Discuss the role of the special care unit in relation to high dependency and intensive care units
- Evaluate current evidence based practice in the special care unit in relation to the infants who meet the criteria for level 1 admission
- Analyse the role of the nurse and the family as members of the multidisciplinary team in the special care unit
- Develop understanding of neonatal physiology and development
- Apply safe clinical skills to promote effective care of the neonatal and their family on the special care unit
- Evaluate current evidence based practice to underpin the application of family centred care within the special care unit
- Synthesise and evaluate evidence based information to underpin decision-making in the care of neonates and their families
- Analyse and evaluate communication skills which promote effective collaborative working between members of the team in the special care unit
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Nursing Education
Who is this for?
Qualified nurses who are working in a neonatal unit.
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
To find out more about this module, please contact Lynne Wainwright - email@example.com