Neonatal Nursing: Special Care Level 6 6KNIN626
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
5 days spread over 8 weeks
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
This module will support you to:
- Discuss the role of the special care unit in relation to high dependency and intensive care units
- Evaluate current evidence based practice in the special care unit in relation to the infants who meet the criteria for level 1 admission
- Analyse the role of the nurse and the family as members of the multidisciplinary team in the special care unit
- Develop understanding of neonatal physiology and development
- Apply safe clinical skills to promote effective care of the neonatal and their family on the special care unit
- Evaluate current evidence based practice to underpin the application of family centred care within the special care unit
- Synthesise and evaluate evidence based information to underpin decision-making in the care of neonates and their families
- Analyse and evaluate communication skills which promote effective collaborative working between members of the team in the special care unit
Who will I learn with?
Senior Lecturer in Nursing Education
Who is this for?
Qualified nurses who are working in a neonatal unit.
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
03/10/2023, 23/10, 24/10, 14/11, 28/11