Portuguese Level 1 for Speakers of Romance Languages, Part 2
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 January 2024 To: 28 March 2024
By studying Portuguese for Speakers of Romance Languages Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Portuguese-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Town and city
- Food and drink
- Past actions
Functions may typically include:
- Describing clothes and colours
- Asking for things in a shop, prices
- Describing rooms in a house
- Talking about objects (home)
- Asking where things are
- Asking for and giving directions
- Understanding and giving instructions
- Talking about / describing past actions
- Talking about newspaper articles (emails, social networks, etc.)
Grammar may typically include:
- Revision of all grammatical structures
- Pronouns: reflexive and object pronouns, more interrogative pronouns
- Adjectives: comparative and superlative forms
- Imperative: affirmative / negative of regular and irregular verbs
- Prepositions: Isto / isso / aquilo / po r / para / a / desde / há/ atrás / em cima/ entre, etc.
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese for Speakers of Romance Languages Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.