Portuguese Level 1, Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 January 2024 To: 26 March 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Portuguese-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- First contact, names, nationality
- Numbers up to 100
- Meeting other people, leisure activities
- The time
- Means of transport
Functions may typically include:
- Greetings, asking and giving personal information
- Introducing someone
- Spelling names
- Suggesting and inviting
- Asking for and telling the time
- Asking how to get to places with certain means of transport using prepositions: de/a
- Asking questions with the appropriate interrogative pronouns
Grammar may typically include:
- Verb to be
- Verbs ending in ar
- Substantive – masculine and feminine
- Possessive pronouns: Seu/Sua
- Prepositions: em + article
- Verbs: ir, poder and ter
- Immediate future tense
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Interrogative pronouns
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.