Portuguese Level 1, Part 3
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 10 October 2023 To: 12 December 2023
From: 22 April 2024 To: 08 July 2024
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Portuguese-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- At the estate agent
- Daily routine
- The calendar and festive dates in Lusophone countries
- Lusophone countries poetry and art
Functions may typically include:
- Describing people and things
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Comparing things
- Locating objects
- Talking about the past
- Talking about daily activities
Grammar may typically include:
- Verbs ending in ar, er, ir (past tense)
- Comparative with more, less, as…as
- Prepositions of places
- Past tense of irregular verbs: ser/ir/estar/ter/dar/fazer/querer/poder
- Personal pronouns: o, a, lo, la, etc...
- Adverbial phrases of time
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.