Portuguese Level 2, Part 3
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 23 April 2024 To: 25 June 2024
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 2, you will be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues, be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics, be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately and have developed intercultural competence.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Regions in Brazil/Portugal and their culture and economy
- Stereotypes in Brazil/Portugal
Functions may typically include:
- Describing holiday activities
- Understanding instructions in notes/ads and manuals.
- Telling your plans for your next holiday
- Talking about economic and cultural differences within Brazil/Portugal
- Discussing current environmental issues
- Doing your shopping list
Grammar may typically include:
- Present compound tenses (ter + participle)
- Regular and irregular adverbs
- Use of alguém, algum, algo, ninguém, nenhum, nada
- Augmentatives and diminutives
- Passive voice (basics)
- Use of todo, toda, todos os, todas as, tudo, cada
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese Level 2 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1/A2 level of the CEFR, level 1 of the RQF, equivalent of GCSE/ O-level grade A.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.