Portuguese Level 4, Part 2
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 January 2024 To: 28 March 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have developed intercultural competence further.
What does this course cover?
- Festivals and Events
- Formulating hypotheses about the present and the past
- Discussing world problems and suggesting solutions
- Giving advice
- Writing a report: organizing ideas / adding ideas / summarizing and writing conclusions
- Expressing purpose
- Exchanging opinions
- Linking ideas together
- Reporting information
- Talking about current affairs
- Que bom/ alegro-me/ fico feliz-satisfeito/ que pena/ dá-me pena/ sinto muito + que + Subjunctive
- Para mim é igual/ é o mesmo/ não me importo + que + Subjunctive
- Que estranho que + Subjunctive
- Simple Conditional and Perfect Conditional
- Expressions which introduce hypotheses followed by indicative, subjunctive or either
- Preocupa-me/ incomoda-me/ odeio/ adoro + que + Subjunctive
- Suffixes. making nouns from verbs
- O que se pode fazer para + Infinitive + é + Infinitive
- A melhor forma de + Infinitive + é + Infinitive
- Imperative: affirmative and negative
- Conjunctions and connectors used to: organize information/ express cause, consequence, addition and contrast and to conclude an argument
- Para que + Subjunctive
- O objectivo de .. é./ com o objectivo de + Infinitive
- A fim de + personal infinitive
- Passive voice
- Imperative affirmative and negative + object pronouns
- Por e para
- Direct object + direct object pronoun + verb
- Reported speech
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese (European) Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.